Talking to your kids
Here is some useful information to help you support your kids.
This helpful video from Dr Michelle Dickinson (Nanogirl) helps children understand what the Corona virus is, and also how to help avoid it.
The Ministry of Education website has a page Talking to children about COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) which has lots of great information:
- Help children cope with anxiety by providing accurate information
- Reassure your children
- Information for kids
- Tips – if your child is anxious
- Make yourself available
- Maintain a normal routine
- Avoid blaming others
- Monitor social media and TV - we think this is especially important
- Review and model basic hygiene and healthy lifestyle practices
- What to emphasise when talking to children about school